Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

It's gonna be a long year

It's amazing that out of 700 odd kids in a shed for assembly, I can recognise one voice! Mind you, everyone else was pretty quiet when that one little voice decided to yell out. I can't even remember what he was yelling out, such was my embarrassment that all my colleagues would recognise that one voice too.
It's going to take a while for me to be able to sit at the back of the assembly, I just can't drag myself away yet to not be able to see him. (I sit on the other side of the shed, so that's a start!) It's going to take me a long time (let's be honest, I will NEVER achieve this) to not worry about what other people think, particularly about my son.  In his short time on this planet (and my relatively short time as a mother) we have already had to deal with our fair share of people's uneducated opinions about our child - about how they think they are observing a naughty child and how we should raise him.
So not only is it going to be a huge learning curve for my boy, but one for me also. Letting him be his own person and realising that these things will happen as they make up the beautiful person he is.
I spoke to my husband about assembly this arvo - I wish I could have his outlook on life. I told him all about my embarrassment and how he had to be spoken to a few times. My husband's response - "Did he stand up and expose himself?"  Me - "God NO!"  Husband - "Well he doesn't take after his father, nothing to worry about."  WHAT?? I've been married to this man for 22 years, it's the first I've heard of it! Lord help me, if that ever happens, I'll not only be down the back of the shed, I'll probably be half way down the road, and I won't know a single thing about what anyone else thinks! Bahahahahaha! :)

2 comments:

  1. Well he made me smile:). Such a loonng assembly I was nearly falling asleep (jokes!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I can pick his voice out! Simone and I looked at each other and smiled. He is an absolutely beautiful person Sandra and anyone who knows him thinks the same. We love him to bits xxx

    ReplyDelete